Monday, October 23, 2006

Major Knitting Disaster!

Ok -- had to share with all of you. I finished knitting up my way cool corset thingy from the Rowan book. You know the one, I'm making it in that gorgeous teal blue alpaca? Well, I finished knitting last night and it was beautiful! I am usually very slow to get all the tails sewn in, but in this case, I decided to get the drudgery work out of the way.

I carefully buried the tails.

I plotted my trip to the fabric store to get a deep burgundy satin ribbon to lace it up.

I felt very good about how nicely the ribs looked. Very straight and neat.

And then, I tried to fit it around my bodacious self. No go. ARGH! The bind off was too tight even though I thought I made it impossibly loose. The rest of it just barely stretched around me if pulled to the maximum.

So, tonight I'll be ripping out, considering my errors, and starting over!

No comments: