Monday, October 23, 2006

Dearest B

Dearest B (from B)

How horrible. A Knitting Nightmare! Having to FROG your beautiful work. (That was such a great color). I weep with you in sympathy. My hands were twitching tonight at work - probably in response to your frogging. Big Cyber Hugs to you!

In contrast to your knitting nightmare - I had one of my own today. You must go here to find out the whole story. Suffice to say I was knitting along and my ipod suddenly stopped ipoding..... It was quite disturbing to say the least. In a fit of panic I dropped my knitting (you know the mohair wrap I am working on, with those obnoxius needles) and out came my needles. The attempts to replace the (obnoxious) needles became very upseting. I am not sure if it was the stress and worry over my ipod's health or the slickness of the mohair on the addi (obnoxious) needles. I began to frog....

You CAN NOT FROG MOHAIR. ATTENTION ALL NEW KNITTERS AND KNITTERS WHO HAVE NOT TRIED TO FROG MOHAIR.... Don't try it.

The attempt to frog mohair will only turn you into a knitter found on the floor in a puddle of tears. The Mohair knots, frays and breaks leaving you with not one nice pile of frogged yarn but several scrawny fragments of mohair yarn.

I share in your pain......

Knit on sister!

1 comment:

Belinda said...

So right you are about the mohair! The saving grace is that unless you really mess up (which I have done), you can usually just slip your needle back through the loops and be okay with out ripping out.

Thanks for the support! I got everthing ripped out and started over. This time with careful measurements and planning! Also, I've decided to knit it in the round since I'm such a terrible seamer. We'll see what happens...

If it doesn't fit me this time, it will either be a neck gaiter or a present for someone very small.